This Page

has been moved to new address

Running on 2 Senses

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Running on 2 Senses

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Running on 2 Senses

Yes... can you believe I only have 2 fully functioning senses? Only 2... out of 5... that is not a good percentage. Ok... so 40% doesn't sound all that bad... but it is. It really is!

My hearing is limited at best. One ear is fully clogged. Last night we were listening to Tim Horton on You Tube and I missed my favorite part... twice. I thought it was saying something else. I find myself saying "you know, I don't hear so well" all the time too. If only it would drown out the constant fussing of my 2 year old!

My sense of smell is non-existent! My Beloved keeps asking me to "smell this" when he's making dinner or "do you smell that?" when one of the kids needs a new diaper. I just look at him and say, "no, I can't smell anything!" The last thing I remember smelling was a smoky smell from the night we put liquid smoke in our soup Saturday. I didn't smell it Saturday, but Sunday morning at church I kept smelling it.

And taste... I really miss this sense. "I can't recall the taste of food" (can you name that movie?) Ok, so it's not as bad as that character's circumstances. It has been a LONG time though... Friday? Thursday? And we've eaten some yummy things this week... flavorful, all in the hopes the extra flavor would push through. Nope... not so much.

I can feel and I can see... 2 out of 5 isn't bad... I guess. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOTR :D But I had to look it up because I was going to say the Matrix. The part in the first movie when they are eating the oatmeal looking stuff and talking about how everything taste like chicken. LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home