This Page

has been moved to new address

Just when I thought I was getting better...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Just when I thought I was getting better...

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just when I thought I was getting better...

I know I mentioned that I was starting to feel better, but apparently that wasn't meant to be. Saturday and Sunday I felt much the same as Friday, good moments and bad moments, only so so.

Over the weekend, though, I started to notice that my ears were a little foggy. Still, I felt mostly OK.

Monday morning, my ears were a bit more clouded over. My Beloved and a friend of ours (TogoPal's husband) were heading to a gun shop around 10 and I had to decide if we were going too. I decided to take the kids and go with them, despite not feeling great. It somehow sounded easier than having the kids alone at home with me. From the moment we got in the car, my ear situation began to worsen. By the time we got to the gun shop (a half an hour-ish away), I would say it actually hurt. For an hour or more, we walked around in circles (the kids and I) while Daddy shopped and talked to the store guys. Thankfully, this shop also does taxidermy, so there were plenty of "animals" for us to look at over and over and over again. It really was the perfect activity for the morning and Tornado had a lot of fun!

By the time we were ready to go, I was tired and my ear was really starting to hurt. We had one more stop to make. We need an adapter for my computer and were hoping to pick up one other little hard to find detail (I'll tell you all about it later). We planned to stop at Best Buy or Walmart, but then we remembered there was a Target not far.

Sweet Pea was finally asleep when we arrived at the Target, so My Beloved and friend went in and I drove around the parking lot for what seemed like ever! Before they left though I begged him to find some sort of tea tree oil ear drop type thing to make my ear better.

Noon now, huge pain in my ear, freshly applied homeopathic ear drops, we met Togopal for lunch. By the time we got home and got the kids to bed, it was all I could do to lay on the couch and deal with the pain. My Beloved put more ear drops in my ear and I took some ibuprofen. I did have some relief Monday evening so we could have some fun... but it started up again around bed time.

Tuesday morning I woke up with vertigo (or at least I'm assuming that's what that was). I was unbalanced/dizzy all morning. I saw a doctor (there is one on staff at My Beloved's office), who said it's just pink in there and doesn't need antibiotics yet. I'm so glad I didn't pay someone to tell me that... that would have been annoying. I appreciate her for not just giving meds anyway.

Anyway, here I am today, clouded over, no longer unbalanced thankfully, and trying to get through. Last night was rough as I had very little energy and could do little more than sit on the couch limp. Now that both kids are finally asleep I should probably take a nap of my own.

Sorry for the long drawn out detail. Just thought I'd let you know where I've been all week.



At February 4, 2009 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Marva said...

Oh my goodness! Bless you heart! I do hope you feel all better soon! I'll be praying! Blessings!


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home