This Page

has been moved to new address

A Week in the Life of... Me: Sunday Report

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A Week in the Life of... Me: Sunday Report

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Week in the Life of... Me: Sunday Report

As I said yesterday, I'm sharing this week as "A Week in the Life of... me." That's right... however much I do or don't do, you'll be here for it. (Sorry. But I need the accountability to get it all done.) Most of the things on my to do list for the week are normal things I do every week... others are things I'm supposed to do every week and never get to. All in all, I should have a fun, busy and productive week... unless the kids have anything to say about it. :)

Since our weeks start with Sunday, I'll share a bit of yesterday with you... then check in tonight for today's happenings. Maybe.

We completely missed church yesterday. We were out late Saturday trying to encourage friends who were on the layoff list from last week. We had a blast, but got to bed late... too late to even consider Sunday School. All was well and good though, because Sweet Pea was fit to be tied (whatever that means) and we ended up skipping church too, not knowing what was wrong. We did our grocery shopping instead and managed to recover the house in the afternoon.

I did 2 1/2 days worth of dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. Next was the meal plan (I actually have one this week. Just for dinners so far... though I was hoping for more. Here it is:

Monday: Spiced Chili (Taste of Home Cookbook p. 68) and Corn Bread

Tuesday: Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus

Wednesday: Beef Roast, Soaked Brown Rice, cooked carrots

Thursday: Some sort of chicken casserole (with left over chicken from Tuesday's dinner)

Friday:
Burritos (homemade tortillas, refried beans (homemade--I've never tried this recipe before... we'll see), leftover beef roast, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded raw cheese

Saturday and Sunday will have to be decided later... I didn't get that far yet.


After evening church (we teach the children's choir Sunday nights) I cleaned up the kitchen from dinner and got a couple loads of laundry done, organized a couple shelves in our pantry... and the ironing while we watched something online. The house no longer looks destryed... and since My Beloved had projects going that had to be finished, it was nice to start the week with a neat(er) house. Oh, I also soaked some kidney beans for tonight's chilli and soaked some steel cut oats for this morning's breakfast. I was feeling very accomplished yesterday. I wrapped up the evening by making a schedule/list for today... so nice to remember at a glance what I wanted to accomplish today.

Today's plans are pretty normal. Lots of laundry folding, dinner prep and time with kids... with some garden planing and work in the middle there during nap time. Hope you all have a great day.

Check out MPM for more menus!
_________________________________

Just received word that a dear older lady in my church (one whom I am close to) lost her husband this morning. Please be praying for her... just the thought of anyone loosing a husband hits me so hard... I can't imagine loosing My Beloved, and this couple had been married so much longer!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home