This Page

has been moved to new address

An "Aha" Moment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: An "Aha" Moment

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

An "Aha" Moment

I was working on cleaning up our bedroom (being as that our little home has become "too" small for us, our bedroom becomes the catch all for everything I don't know what to do with and don't want to trip over anymore. This said, it's more than a tad out of hand.) when I stumbled upon something I really wish My Beloved had handled better.

[Note: Please understand, in sharing this, I do not mean to be speaking badly of my sweet husband. In fact, I was convicted at my attitude and had the following aha moment that I felt I should share. In reality, he deserves to be irritated by how I handle much of the house on a regular basis, not the other way around.]

My first instinct was to be annoyed (I'm sorry My Love, please forgive me for this bad attitude) at the mess. I rearranged something and everything came toppling over. Ugh!

Then I had a thought. I had some options... I could be annoyed, I could complain, or I could bless my husband by taking care of it for him.

Only one of those sounded like any fun at all!... and that one sounded like a lot of fun!

It never ceases to amaze me that the right heart attitude makes life so much more enjoyable!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

It's funny, but I do the same thing. My homekeeping skills are fine, but I often just go too long between implementing any of them. In other words, I am inconsistent in how well I keep the house.

I sometimes get frustrated that my husband can't get his dirty cloths IN the hamper, and start to prepare a lecture, when I look into the bathroom and still see dried toothpaste in the sink or find clean clothes that have been in the dryer for a week!

I think we've all been here...

 
At May 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for God changing hearts!
Jenni Birch

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home