This Page

has been moved to new address

Sweet Pea's Birth Story ~ Part 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Sweet Pea's Birth Story ~ Part 2

Friday, June 12, 2009

Sweet Pea's Birth Story ~ Part 2

15ish months ago I promised you all Sweet Pea's birth story. Well, here it is. I'll be breaking it in to smaller pieces because, as some of you already know... I'm long winded!

Click here for part 1.


Still writing March 8, 2008

I had just finished telling the nurse thank you and that we'd get to the Birthcenter when we could and she said she'd let them know we were coming. There was still so much to do, and stopping every few minutes for contractions was slowing down progress. First I had to call My Beloved. He knew he probably wouldn't be at work all day, so he wasn't surprised to get my call. He was going to wrap up one last thing and be on his way home. Next I called MG to let her know we were on. We would leave as soon as she could get here and we could get out.

Before we were off the phone, though, and I could give her any details, I looked up and saw H standing on our front porch. Perfect timing! H is a wonderful younger lady in our Sunday School class. She has 2 boys 2 and under (though they are 2 and 3 now) ~ she started way ealier than we did) and had said we could use her bassinet again. She was supposed to "bring it over on Friday." I really appreciated it, because I really wanted it set up and ready before Sweet Pea was born.

Having the bassinet here before the baby came was a blessing in and of itself, but when she found out I was in labor, she offered to stay and help with anything. My first impulse was to thank her and decline, but I jumped at her offer instead--even if it meant that she and her 2 year old simply distracted Tornado while I worked. Turns out she was a huge help, starting a load of baby clothes, grabbing fresh sheets for MG to use on our bed, following the boys around and generally offering moral support until my back up arrived. She even rubbed my back during a particularly intense contraction. Like I said... she was a blessing straight from God!

When My beloved got home a little bit later, he helped me finish gathering things and worked on the last business thing that needed to be done before we left for the hospital. All the while my contractions continued growing in intensity and getting closer together. Some were even starting to make me light headed. We needed to get going. Were we ready?

MG arrived and H left. With each contraction my head got fuzzier and it was harder to focus. I kept loosing my train of thought. My Beloved did such a great job telling MG all the things he thought I would want her to know, had I been able to think straight enough.

Just before noon, we were getting in the car and on our way.

Labels: ,


At June 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I found it helpful to do all those last minute details while I was in labor, too. Made the time have purpose.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home