This Page

has been moved to new address

Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment, Day 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment, Day 2

Friday, January 29, 2010

Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment, Day 2

I reported yesterday that already we'd had 3 accidents in 30 minutes, including a *messy* one. I felt as though the headway I thought we'd made the day before was unreal. I wasn't sure this was the time to do this. I wasn't sure I had it in me.

Turns out though, that those were the only "accidents" all day. I don't even know the final score, but it was 3 to something way higher. She basically pottied every 30ish minutes all day, including a dry naptime diaper! I'm tempted to leave her in underwear during nap time today, but we'll see!

Another exciting thing from yesterday was the one time in the late afternoon that she went running off toward the potty room by herself. I didn't expect anything much (she's done this before), but as soon as I got her on the potty, she went! And was very excited about it too! We'll see if it was a fluke or not.

This morning we haven't had any accidents (yet). I got her on the potty first thing when she woke up and she went! It's nice to have that baseline. During breakfast she stretched to 45 minutes before I saw her squirming in her chair. I thought perhaps she'd already made a big *mess* in her trainers, but nothing. I hurried her to the potty and she put her entire *mess* in the potty! This mommy is feeling pretty good today.

I'll let you know how it continues!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 29, 2010 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Sounds like she is starting to get in the groove. :-) That's how it seems to work with my kids. Once they start, it doesn't take long to catch on. I bet she would do well at naptime if you had the nerve to try. (Just the thought of cleaning up a wet mess, though, makes you shudder, doesn't it?)

 
At January 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Irene said...

Yay!!!!!! Good job Mama!

 
At January 29, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

Both kids are in underwear for nap time... we'll see what happens. On the bright side, if they both potty in their beds, it's enough to do a load of laundry! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home