This Page

has been moved to new address

Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment, Day 3, 4 & 5

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment, Day 3, 4 & 5

Monday, February 1, 2010

Saving on Diapers: A Potty Training Experiment, Day 3, 4 & 5

Things are going fairly well. We've had accidents and we've had successes. Friday evening we were helping a lady from church with something and I forgot to bring a change of clothes. Sweet Pea really messed in her undies that night... with no back ups. Ugh! Thankfully I still had a diaper in my purse, so we just put her in that. I was thankful her little jumper didn't get yucky!

Saturday and Sunday went pretty well. We got poop in the potty a couple times, though not exclusively, and she stays dry when we go out. I still put a diaper on her for shopping and church, but whenever I take her potty, she goes and is dry. She is definately getting it. Few to no potty accidents these days and she'll tell me sometimes!

I've been leaving both kids in undies for nap time and only once have we had an accident (Sweet Pea didn't really sleep one nap time, so I figure that's the reason.


As far as Tornado's concerned... I did work up the guts to leave underwear on overnight, but we've had no success. Three nights in a row he's been wet. The first night, I found him in the morning, the next he came to me at 3:30 and I changed him, put him in a diaper and changed his sheets. Last night I woke him around 2 to take him potty and he was already wet. I changed everything and put him in a diaper.

Trouble is that he wants to sleep in underwear, but I don't know how to train for this part. The second night his favorite blanket was wet, so it got taken. I was hoping it would help him try harder, but I think he may sleep too soundly. It's rough to wake him to take him potty before we go to bed. If anyone has advice on how to train a little boy to stay dry through the night, I'm all ears!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric still takes Jeremiah at 11pm and we used to wake him at 6am and take him then also. The late nite seems to be the key one. I don't think he is awake all the way - but hey it works!

 
At February 5, 2010 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Megan S. said...

It's different for every child. I tried limiting liquids past a certain time and my girls would have a full pull up in the morning, then when I quit limiting they would have dry nights. My youngest is still in goodnights at night. I've told her that when she has 7 dry nights in a row she can wear undies. I figured the amount of money I spent on laundry, water, electricity, etc to wash sheets and blankets every day I'd rather spend on goodnights and everyone get good sleep!!!! My oldest has been dry at night for about 2 years now. It depends on kidney and bladder development and bed wetting can be hereditary. Hope your potty training time continues to go well!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home