This Page

has been moved to new address

Monday Motivation???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Monday Motivation???

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Motivation???

Why does it seem that Mondays so often lack motivation??? Or is it just me? Sunday nights are a different story. Sunday nights I'm all ready for Monday morning to come. I just know all the things I want to accomplish, and though I'm ready for bed, in my mind I have all sorts of energy that *should* translate to Monday morning energy. So what happens to that Monday morning motivation???

The writers over at Offering Hospitality are going through a book by Pat Ennis and Lisa Tatlock (two women I had the honor of working with during my time in Southern California). A quote from one of Lisa's chapters is as follows. I've been finding it very encouraging since finding it last week!
" . . . [T]he truth is that there is no secret to managing your home with excellence - it is simply hard work! Consistent effort is required to have an orderly and prepared home, whereas ideleness nullifies hard work. You must work diligently - every day. According to Scripture, the consequences of idleness are always disastrous:

  • want (Prov. 20:4)
  • poverty (Prov. 10:4, 20:13)
  • hunger (Prov. 19:15)
  • bondage (Prov. 12:24)
  • apathy, and ruin (Prov. 24:30-34).

(Practicing Hospitality, Chapter 4, page 105)


Amazing concept, it you ask me! I read this for the first time last week and a huge "a ha" went off in my head. I've spent more than 5 married years (and more before that) trying to find a "secret" or method of keeping house that would work for me. Turns out that just doing it is the secret. Buck up and prepare to work hard. I'm not sure why, but this is very motivating to me. I hope it is to some of you too.

I also noticed that Simple Mom has posted some motivation for keeping our homes this morning!

Now it's time to go get something done!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home