This Page

has been moved to new address

An introduction to Tot School

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: An introduction to Tot School

Monday, May 17, 2010

An introduction to Tot School

~Sweet Pea is 26 months old~
Tot School

Ok... so I mentioned you'd be hearing more about Carisa. First of all, she doesn't know me at all. It just makes me feel good to talk about her like we're real life friends. She, among a few others, has a blog that I've been just eating up over the last few weeks (like I have time for that!) I stumbled on her a year or two ago, but really I wasn't ready for her then. Somehow, I've re-stumbled on her in the last month and I am oh. so. ready! I hope you'll like her as much as I do, because, as I've mentioned, I'm going to be talking about her a bunch in the days, weeks and months to come. And first to come... is Tot School.

Oh how I love Tot School. I've been slowly working in some things with Sweet Pea over the last week or two, but really I'm just getting my feet wet. I keep wanting to officially start, and I know me. If I don't "officially" start sharing it here, I won't ever officially start.

The basic premise is to be intentionally playing with our Tots! I know some of you are thinking, "well, duh... I do that anyway." That's great! You're already "doing" Tot School. You're just not calling it anything special. Me??? I am very good at letting my kids play while I do things... just to look back on the day and be disappointed that I missed a chance to just "be" with my babies. So for me, this Tot School thing is magic. Some days it's 5 minutes finding animals in a book together on the couch and making noises (like today), or putting our hands together in a bucket of beans for a few minutes (also today). Other days it's working through all the puzzles together or playing with pom poms. We've done a number of things over the last week or so, and I've been enjoying every minute! I'm looking forward to being even more intentional (and dare I say it, even planning the intentionality) in the coming weeks. What a great way, especially after baby comes, to have some one on one time with my baby girl... even if it's only 5-10-20 minutes some days.

What about Tornado? Oh, he's usually right there too. For some of the things we all take turns (like stirring the beans in the bucket). For other things he is practicing waiting patiently and letting Sweet Pea be center stage of mommies life (this is very good for him!) I imagine he'll be a regular part of Tot School... but the activities I choose and guide will be tailored for Sweet Pea. Don't you worry about him though... when we were done with Tot School time today, he was already making his way to the kitchen table, asking if it was time for "big boy school". And of course, it was!

Head over to Tot School to see what others are doing with there tots at various ages and stages. And let me know if you decided to join in... either on your blog or just at home. I'd love to know what you're doing with your littles!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2010 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Fiona said...

I just started following tot school too-for very similar reasons to you.
Look forward to hearing more from you about your activities

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home