This Page

has been moved to new address

Number Bingo: Number Recognition for #s 1-10

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Number Bingo: Number Recognition for #s 1-10

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Number Bingo: Number Recognition for #s 1-10

Have I mentioned that I've been inspired recently by a few homeschooling bloggers? No? Oh, then allow me to share.

After perusing Carisa's blog and sites for a good long while, I found my way over to Homeschool Creations and Confessions of a Homeschooler. Both of these ladies have a ton of wonderful ideas and printables for you... and they too use the widget idea I'm totally copying as soon as I have some widget-able things to share with you! I just love how I can see at a glance what tools they use!

After spending hours (most of which, I'll happily admit, were one evening when My Beloved was out late and not while dinner was burning and the children were destroying the house behind me) drooling over and planning a "someday" when I will return to used each and every resource they have shared, I started getting the "make it yourself" bug. You see... all of these ladies have been seen blogging that they couldn't find exactly what they wanted... so they made it themselves. (And I'm glad they did... because now I don't have to.) There are those few things though, that I want to make myself, either because I want to add a twist to it, or because I haven't found it anyplace else.

This Number Bingo is one such thing that I just had to make myself. And... thanks to Confessions of a Homeschooler (she has no idea... who I am or that she helped me), I've found a way to share things with you that you can download yourselves! If you want too. Or not. (Let me know if you do though... it'll make me smile!)


You'll want to cut the 4 game cards apart and maybe even laminate them for durability (someday when I get my wishlist laminater, I'll be doing this. Until then, I'm expecting rolled corners and even ruined games.)

Once you've done that, pick something to use as markers (we used buttons from my button box... he liked the shiny and shimmery ones best). What made this fun for Tornado was the dice. He got to roll 2 dice (I plan on having him re-roll if 11 or 12 pop up, but that never happened today). Then he counted the dots and searched his game card for the right number. Happily, he won both games we played (enjoying the part where he got to yell "BINGO"). Once we finished the first game he wanted to play again. He was done after the second game though.

It went well I think, but I think he enjoyed rolling the dice more than anything else. I may not try this one again until later in the year when he's a bit older. But I'd love to hear about it if any of you try it!!!

Enjoy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2010 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I am definitely going to try this! It will have to wait until I get my printer back up and running, though. (Grrrrr...long story!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home