This Page

has been moved to new address

Making Plans... 11 weeks and counting

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Making Plans... 11 weeks and counting

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Making Plans... 11 weeks and counting

When I really think about the fact that there are 11 weeks (give or take) left of this pregnancy, it sounds like a lot. But when I think about the fact that there are less than 12 weeks left, it sounds like I'm running out of time. Still... it's almost 3 months, and when I think about it like that, it can get a little depressing. :)

In reality though... I know it's not going to be all that long. Especially if he decides to come early. Add in there our (hopefully) busy senior portrait season and two busy little ones already and time is sure to fly right by. If I hope to do anything to make my transition to a mother of three any easier, I need to start those preparations now!

Over the next few months, I hope to share with you a bit of what I've done each week to prepare for baby... and my plans for the next week. I'm hoping that by doing it like this... a little at a time... I can be an encouragement to any of you trying to do the same thing.

Since I haven't really done anything yet, I thought I'd start by giving you a baseline. What do I have and have done?

As far as what I've done...

  • I attended our hospital's "Bear Essentials" class this past week. I've attended this class with both prior pregnancies and already know how to fit a car seat and not to shake my baby (though the video they show touches me every time... I always cry!) The reason I go each time (despite the inconvenience) is to get preregistered... and all the paperwork for the hospital! I love this opportunity. I love that when I arrive at the hospital to have my baby, there is minimal paperwork and we can just get down to having that baby!
  • That night, I filled out all the paperwork and looked over the information they included about postpartum and newborn care (just as a refresher). It's so great to have this done and off my to do list. And I was able to do it sitting next to my sweet husband while he cleaned his guns (in a well ventilated area!) while listening to a dramatized version of the Chronicles of Narnia audio book (my Christmas present!)
  • I've read a book on the Bradley Method for Husband Coached Childbirth. I really liked it and am hoping to buy it soon so I can read it again (it was a library book). I'm excited to have a plan for labor and delivery this time. I've never taken any classes in the past and I always end up feeling very out of control when the pain gets intense. I'm hoping to avoid that this time.
  • When I updated the kids dresser for summery things, I rearranged the whole thing, leaving the bottom two drawers for baby things (not that there was much to put in them at the time!)
Now, what do we have already for baby?
Some of you may already know that last summer we got rid of just about all our baby stuff at a garage sale. And whatever didn't sell there, we donated to the local Christian run crisis pregnancy center. We were not *planning* to have any more, you see, and it seemed silly to horde all that stuff in our tiny home just in case. And... we knew that if that "just in case" happened, the Lord would provide the way He did the first time. I still support our decision.

That said, when we found out we were expecting this time, we didn't have anymore than the crib Sweet Pea still sleeps in and a small handful of outfits I just couldn't get rid of.

But God has already begun providing for us!! Last September, one of the families in our Bible study group had a baby boy! And just last week, she brought me all his 0-6 month clothes. I sorted through them and weeded out all the stained stuff (she has 3 boys... so some of the clothes were *well* worn.) Now they are living happily in those two drawers I set aside for baby.

On top of the dresser (for now) are piles of receiving blankets, blankets, and diaper/puddle pad type things just waiting for a new home. I think we're set on those.

So already, we have a few things covered...
  • onsies for 0-3 months
  • jammies (zip up front with legs kind) for 0-3 months
  • some gowns
  • some outfits
  • receiving blankets!
  • burp cloths
What a blessing that we already have some of those "need them right away" things!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2010 at 9:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! If you enjoyed the book "Husband-Coached Childbirth" by Dr. Bradley, I'd highly recommend Susan McCutcheon's "Natural Birth the Bradley Way." It's a practical guide to the Bradley Method that I found even more useful and enjoyable.

 
At May 27, 2010 at 6:39 PM , Anonymous Lindsey said...

Hey! It's been so long since I've been here and you probably don't even remember me but congrats!

-Linz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home