This Page

has been moved to new address

Including Toddlers in your Chores: Sweeping

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Including Toddlers in your Chores: Sweeping

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Including Toddlers in your Chores: Sweeping

I'm a song person... you wouldn't necessarily know that because I'm still working on how to share it with you, but I am. Just trust me. If there isn't a song in this world to do what I want it to do, I write it myself. Sometimes I adapt another song, other times I start from scratch.

When it came to sweeping the kitchen floor with my toddler a couple years ago, I struck up a tune to make it more fun. Here it is for your musical pleasure!


I'm a Little Helper
To the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot"

I'm a little helper
Yes I am
Mom holds the broom
and I the dust pan
When she is all finished
We sweep it up
Tip it over and dump it out.


It's lots of fun and the kids pick up on the song quickly. Just today I included my 3 1/2 year old in sweeping and he requested we sing the song. Then of course I had to sweep something else so my 2 1/2 year old could help... and we had to sing it again. :)

As you may be able to tell, they are the dust pan holders (most of the time with help from me) and I'm the sweeper! :)

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

I LOVE it!! I am all the time making up some silly song to make whatever we are doing more enjoyable. (Just don't ask me to sing it for you!) It's such a joy to overhear your little one singing it on their own. I'll have to remember this one ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home