This Page

has been moved to new address

Well... I tried it again

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Well... I tried it again

Friday, August 6, 2010

Well... I tried it again

... and it might or might not have worked. The first kid I tried to help said it stung when he applied it. We thought maybe it was because I used a less pure Aloe Vera (maybe with alcohol in it or something) or because he'd had it a while and had been scratching at it. Hmmm... maybe.

Then this week a lady My Beloved works with (and friend of ours) got it and said she was willing to try. So I mixed up another batch (they only last a week in the fridge) but used Aloe gel straight from the plant (we have one that is trying to live in our greenhouse). The report I got from My Beloved was that after 48 hours, she had gone on steroids to get rid of it.

I was so disappointed! I had drafted this post with that report and have sent an email out asking, "what am I doing wrong?" to someone who knows what she'd doing.

Another day later, I got a more complete story from My Beloved (because he got the more complete story from her). And maybe, just maybe, all hope is not lost on this one. Apparently, though she did end up needing the steroids, my little recipe did work. It cleared up the rash nicely (I'd love to actually talk to here and hear how exactly it worked). Unfortunately for her, she is so allergic to poison ivy, that it enters the blood and begins popping up all over her body in random spots.

So where does this leave me in my quest??? Ready to try it again I suppose! And way more encouraged than I was when I just thought it didn't work!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home