This Page

has been moved to new address

My Weakness, My Sin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: My Weakness, My Sin

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Weakness, My Sin


I really can't remember the last time I said no to a piece of chocolate. Or just five more minutes of reading (or ten, or fifteen, or twenty... you know how that goes). I eat what I want when I want, and I do what I want when I want. As a stay-at-home mom, I am my own boss. No one is looking over my shoulder, checking up on me.

I am selfish and self-indulgent. I consider my own desires to be more important than the desires of others, and allow my indulgences to inhibit my service of others. Like indulging myself in wasted time when I should be serving my family by cleaning my home or making dinner.   (The Purposeful Wife)

I didn't write this... but I certainly could have.  Except replace the time reading with sitting at my computer.  And the "piece" of chocolate with "bag".

Ahem.

Self-indulgence is certainly not the only sin I struggle with, but it's a big one... and one I struggle with daily... as in right now.  And not only does it grieve God, it is dishonoring to my husband and unloving to my children.

In the week since I read this post and felt the full conviction of my sin, I've lost 2 pounds.  Crazy, I know.  And I'm not doing anything real special.  I haven't started exercising like I had hoped and I've had a decent sized dessert almost every night.  For the most part I've still eaten what I want, when I want.

The difference?  "What I want, when I want" just isn't the same when I keep Jesus in my sights and repent over-indulgence.  Am I done with this sin?  Certainly not.  I'm not so proud (one of my other sin issues) to think I won't fall in this area again.  But by His grace I'll take it one step at a time.

Hop over to The Purposeful Wife to read the whole article.  You won't be sorry... or maybe you will.  Either way, it's a good thing.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you for the linky love :). I am glad you were so encouraged! And I feel convicted that I've haven't been nearly so changed or inspired by these truths as I should be...Thank you for the reminder and reality check.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home