This Page

has been moved to new address

A bit of encouragement today

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: A bit of encouragement today

Monday, July 25, 2011

A bit of encouragement today

At the Baltimore Aquarium last week

...[S]eeing that like the Holy Spirit in my own life, I was coming along side them, helping them, encouraging them in the path of righteousness in their own lives as one of my primary roles as a mom.

“No, not that way, but this is the true way.” over and over and over again, gently, lovingly, firmly, consistently. Always be ready to praise for good choices and say, “You are growing so strong inside, and I see you making such wise choices.” ~Sally Clarkson


I found this bit of Sally's post from last week especially encouraging... as well as the rest of it.


I don't know how many of you are feeling the same way these days, but I am overwhelmed with the task of raising these littles. Four and a half, three, and just about one.

I am so tired.

Failing constantly. Regularly losing my patience. Yelling. Ugh!


But I'm encouraged today to be reminded that it's a slow process. And by that I don't exactly mean that it's going to take a. long. time. Though that is true too. What I mean is that I need to slow down. Remember that this is my job. Slowly walking alongside each of my babies "over and over and over again, gently, lovingly, firmly, consistently."


Anyone else struggling to re-boot a 3 year old???

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At July 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger mbsouthwell said...

I find that if I'm able to take time for myself and recharge I'm less likely to be "short" with my girls.

 
At July 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I am with you! My almost 3-year-old is needing a refresher course on obedience. I don't believe in the terrible twos of the terrible threes, but he is certainly showing the need for some guidance.

I also wanted to encourage you and confirm with you that you are in a very hard and trying stage right now. Looking back on my 8 short years of parenting, I'd say that having a 4-year-old, 2/3-year old, and baby was the most challenging and the most discouraging part of my parenting journey. I felt like I was failing in my role as mother. As much as I determined that I was not going to lose my patience and NOT going to yell, I'd do it anyway. I was an emotional mess, too, because, though I loved being a mother, it was so hard. Now, I have 5 kids (ages 8, 7, 4, 2, and 10 months) and suddenly things are a lot easier. The older kids are able to help and our day flows so much more smoothly. I smile more and I get more done while still being with my kids. I feel like I've come out of a tunnel and can see the light again. Keep up the good work, Mama. Keep striving to do what HE wants you to do and He will bless your effort.

(P.S. Isn't that aquarium awesome? We discovered an aquarium in Virginia Beach several years ago that was smaller, but also wonderful!)

 
At August 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is encouraging, thank you. My children are 2 1/2 and 5 1/2. I went through a very tough time with my oldest from about 3 1/2 until 5. I think its a common age to have struggles with the child. I thought we missed "terrible twos" but we got "terrible 3s and 4s". Its tough but keep at it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home