This Page

has been moved to new address

Lyme Treatment and Baby

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Lyme Treatment and Baby

Monday, June 18, 2012

Lyme Treatment and Baby


Last night I took my last antibiotic.  I'm not sure just yet when it will be out of my system and I'll begin nursing again, but at least I'm not putting them into my system anymore.

As far as the Lyme Disease goes, I am feeling much better.  I wouldn't say I'm at 100%, but I'm getting closer.  Ladies from church are still bringing meals for our family through this week and my mom's scheduled vacation here begins Friday night.  Hopefully by the time she leaves 2 weeks later, I'll be back full force!

Sadly, the sweet ladies who were able to pump for me early on have each had to stop for one reason or another.  I was so grateful that God helped me to see His heart about this issue before that time came.  His grace was and is sufficient for me, and though I believe we should take the best care of our babies possible, I also believe He cares more about our hearts than the nutrition.  He can provide for and protect my little ones as He sees fit.  And should it ever be in His perfect will not to in any way, that is His decision.  And he is good.  All the time!

So, without breast milk, My Beloved made a last minute, late night trip across town to the only store we could find that carried what we deemed an acceptable commercial infant formula and was still open.  After some research, we decided to use Earth's Best Organic Infant Formula.

I still think that, if we needed formula longer term, I would opt for making our own at home, but for this short term use, it's the decision, financially and for expedience sake, we went with.

I was relieved that she took to it easily, just as she had with the bottle in the first place.  Sadly, after the first couple days on formula full time, her little body wasn't having it so easy.  She's struggled with the constipation that sometimes comes with such a fast switch over from breast milk to formula.  :(  She is pooping, but it's difficult and painful.  She cries a lot, which is unusual for our sweet, normally happy baby.  And I can tell the difference in her cry.  It's definitely a pain cry.  As soon as I detect a problem, I whisk her up in my arms and we head to the bathroom where she can at least try to get that stuff out with mommy helping... and in a better position than laying on her back.  It seems to help... I hope so!

Sometime in the next few days we will be making the switch back to nursing.  I'm praying that's as easy a switch as the bottle was!  Pray with me??? 




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Certainly praying with you! My mama heart can only imagine how difficult has been for you and her, both! Praying He gives you comfort and calm as you transition back to nursing your sweet girl.

 
At June 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM , Blogger ~Babychaser~ said...

God has been so gracious! I'm looking forward to nursing tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home