This Page

has been moved to new address

Homeschooling Preschool: Week 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Homeschooling Preschool: Week 4

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Homeschooling Preschool: Week 4


I have these labeled by week because that is how the curriculum is laid out. I'm discovering, though, that it might not be the way I'm laid out. Aparently! We started, what? 6 weeks ago, and I'm just today finishing week 4? Yes. That's it.

So what was "week 4"? Noah and the Ark, or Noah and the Flood, or God keeps his promises. You decide. It covered Genesis 6-8.

We also learned the rhyme, "Rub a Dub Dub". Other than the "three men in a tub" part, I didn't completely understand, but did you know that "knaves" as in "call them out, knaves all three" means a "trickish; fraudulent; dishonest; villainous" person (www.answers.com/topic/knavish-2). I sure didn't. I summarized it all to "disobey-er" and "mean" when explaining it to Tornado. I think it helped me understand too. It all made sense then... the people in Noah's day, the ones God chose to wipe off the face of the earth were knaves. What a link between nursery rhyme and Bible lesson.

Also covered was:
  • memorizing Genesis 6:22 (she didn't plan on having it memorized for this week, but Tornado already had a handle on last weeks verse, so we did this one as well. He now knows 3 verses... all "hidden" in his heart as he learned in Psalm 119:11 (and I'm learning them and their locations as well... I love that!)
  • colors of the rainbow (already learned through Signing Time, but we got to learn why God made a rainbow)
  • God keeping promises
  • science of floating and sinking
  • the letter "Bb"
And more.

We did some abridged work in these lesson plans, leaving out the things I don't have, but I think he learned the important stuff. I'm learning more and more everyday that "school" for the 3 year old is more about the time we spend together and learning about God, than actual academics.

And today I summed up the courage to bring out the water color paints for the first time (we've had them more than a year. The "math art" project called for it, so we did it. After we finished making his rainbow, I let him just go for it on another paper. We practiced rinsing the brush between colors. I'm going to need to learn to relax a little on the mixing of colors. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Mrs. P said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At February 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Anonymous Susan Lemons said...

Don't stress over it! Preschool is supposed to be fun! The painting is a great activity. I blog about homepreschool at www.susanlemons.wordpress.com ...come over and visit!
Susan Lemons

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home