This Page

has been moved to new address

Tot School

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Tot School

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tot School

~Sweet Pea is 26 months, 3 weeks (for real this time... oops)~
Tot School

Here is a little glimpse into our Tot School for this week. I think we did more than what's here... it's just that it's the only day I had the camera going. :)

The kids love doing "Pom Poms" and ask for it all the time! I made a point of including them in this weeks plans. Sometimes Sweet Pea needs to be reminded to hold the tongs closer to the opening!

It's a great use for our Pampered Chef tongs! (I keep them washed though, because Daddy actually likes to use them in the kitchen.) :)

It was a big hit!

Then I added a canning jar to the fun and she filled it up...

And filled it up some more!

Then we tried dumping them out. After a while I got smart and kept the little pom poms for the jar... they were easier to get out again. :)

We did some puzzles too.


I try to point out what colors they are as she's doing them.


While Tornado was doing his work, I let Sweet Pea try cutting too. It isn't the first time she's tried... but we don't do it very often. She was getting frustrated because it wasn't cutting well, but I think it was a good attempt.

We also included Sweet Pea in a lot of our preschool activities this last week.

One of the biggest things I introduced this week is memorizing her own verses. She's only recently started putting sentences together and is starting to sing whole phrases of songs on her own (I just noticed this in the last week or so), so I hadn't really tried any yet. One day this week while we were sitting together on the couch looking at books, I started saying Genesis 1:1 over and over again and she started joining me some. This was the first verse I worked on with Tornado and he learned it rather quickly! I'll be integrating this verse into our times together more and more as we go along.

Visit Tot School for more tot learning fun!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 6, 2010 at 10:40 PM , Blogger sbswtp said...

It looks like you had a great week! When Ryleigh used to get frustrated cutting I switched to Melissa and Doug scissors...have you tried those? (They are fantastic!)

 
At June 7, 2010 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Stefanie said...

Toddlers singing is just the sweetest sound, isn't it?

We're working on scissors here too. We're not that close but we keep trying. If I cut paper into strips, I hold them for her, and use our fiskars spring-action scissors, it helps a bit. Not much, but some. LOL

 
At June 7, 2010 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

We need to do more pom pom activities. They are always a hit.

 
At June 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Kylie said...

Those colour puzzles look very cute. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home