This Page

has been moved to new address

Reminder from a four year old

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Chasing Babies... Growing in Grace: Reminder from a four year old

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reminder from a four year old


I had spoken harshly again. Yelled even. And for what? Nothing really. Nothing worth anger.

I hugged him. Said I was sorry.

"I love you buddy. Mommy's not very nice sometimes, is she?" I said, knowing I'd failed again, hurting at how I'd just spoken to my sweet boy.

His response was steady, "It's because of sin."

There was no question in his voice... he just knew. He was telling me.

And it is. It is a direct result of my sin. My attitude. My selfishness. My impatience.

I've been working my way through reading this post again. Though none of the flies on my walls would know it. I ache at what my impatience means:

"And it strikes me, an epiphany over the fry of bubbling pancakes, “Love is only patient if it’s first grateful for what is.

When I am not patient? My failure to love is first a failure to be grateful for who people are right now." (from Ann)


So instead, let me be grateful. Grateful for curious fingers... for endless questions... for silliness.

Let me love the way He does... patiently.

Let my love be patient.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2011 at 7:08 AM , Anonymous Christina said...

I struggle so much with patience! Yet He is so patient with me, how can I not be patient with others? Sin. Such a wise child. Thanks for this post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home